Wednesday, October 22, 2008

to asra

"Dear Cancy,

To my fellow poet/novelist/friend, I bequeath a poetry exercise and this pewter pendant."

I am (two things about you)
I wonder (what you wonder)
I hear (what you hear)
I see (what you see)
I want (what you want)
I am (first line in poem)
I pretend (what you pretend)
I feel (what you feel)
I touch (what you touch)
I worry (what you worry about)
I cry (what you cry about)
I am (first line in poem)
I understand (what you understand)
I say (what you say)
I dream (what you dream)
I try (what you try)
I am (first line in poem)

~

And so, in reply:

I am...

I am lost - and blissfully so
I wonder about impossible worlds
I hear the wind whisper of secrets untold
I see the lands stretching far and wide
I want to bury myself in these stories of old
I am lost - and blissfully so
I pretend that I am not
I feel something inside burn
I touch the words sprawled across the page
I worry that I'll never return
I cry when it all fades
I am lost - and blissfully so
I understand why
I say that I dream bigger dreams
I dream only of what I have seen
I try to escape, only to find that
I am lost - and blissfully so


dedicated to asra:
I think this poem is about... the world of words. reading and writing...
Thank you for sharing your world with me.
May you continue to be lost in it (if you want to haha).
Going to miss you lots, and best wishes to you, wherever you're heading in life
- 22 Oct 08

No comments: